Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hak at the Taj: 9/9/2008 Cont

Not my pic, but our room setup was identical....

Was fun to flex my bicep in the mirror, American Psycho style, while sexing up the wife.

Also, a little back story on the rooms that may be of interest...

Rooms were comped for the weekend, and we were originally in the new Chairman's tower. The rooms in the new tower are very nice and clean. Modern design (i.e. W/boutique Hotel X/etc.). Only problem was that our room was directly above the tour bus loading/unloading area, and it was loud. So talked to the desk...they were over-booked in new tower, but offered me a grand suite in the old tower instead. Wife liked the idea so we moved. Consider the same scenario at the Borg....

Me: [calls]
Me: [waits]
Me: [calls]
Me: [waits]
Me: [walks]
Me: [waits]
Me: Hi [clerks name], we just checked into room XXXX and it's very nice, but a little loud, is there any chance you could move us?
Clerk: [looks]
Clerk: *Sigh* let me check
Me: Thank you very much
Clerk: [finishes]
Clerk: [checks]
Clerk: No, I'm sorry, we're booked. If you like, you can pay to be upgraded to some [insert] suite for $1.5K extra per night. Shall I go ahead and make the adjustment and bill it to your card?
Me: [shakes] Damn you Borgata...you've won again with your fancy marble and art glass and dining and good poker games....I'll get you yet .
Clerk: Are you done yet?
Me: Oh, sorry...yes, I'm done. No upgrade for me thanks. The noise will keep me awake, but that just means more time to gamble....thanks anyways.

The moral of the story is that the Taj, while older, at least makes me feel like they value the money I gamble with them and do their best to accomodate me. With the new tower, I'll likely stay there exclusively from now on.

Also, for mid-limit hold 'em players....Taj has a new offer for free room with (I think, but call to confirm) 6 hours of 20/40, 4 hours of 40/80 (Regulars swear this game runs from time to time, but I've never seen it), and I think also with some higher number of hours of 10/20.

No comments: